The baby is officially due on October 22nd (Sunday), so he or she could really come any day.
Last week I had a ton of stuff to do, and I was paranoid that the baby would come early. Every day I prayed that the baby would stay in my belly so he or she could develop more and I could get more stuff done. Well, it certainly worked! I got my haircut, replaced a couple of broken lightbulbs in our house, took care of some money stuff at the bank, cleaned the house, unpacked the last of some boxes from our move, made and froze meals for after the baby comes, went to a La Leche League meeting, and on Sunday Andy and I made it to our last birthing class (although Andy probably would have not been too sad about missing that).
Because I got so much done last week, I'm a little worried about this week. I really don't have much to do so I think this might be the week I go crazy playing the waiting game! It's just so weird thinking that anyday now our lives will be changed forever. Everytime I feel a contraction or have some cramping, I think "This probably isn't it," but one time it will be "it." Weird!
So, my plan for this week is to nap and relax as much as I can. I wish it was possible to store up on sleep so then you wouldn't need any for a while! I'm also reading a book now that has nothing to do with babies, labor, or breastfeeding!
And so the waiting game begins...
2 comments:
Megan: I have now signed onto and read my first blog page. Enjoyed it. Grandpa H.
Megan, LOVE the blog! I'm so glad to hear more updates from you now. Thinking of you guys as you wait out the last few days...
Post a Comment