At Legoland...
Hannah: This is one of my best days. I keep my best days in my head so I can think about them later.
At Kinkos to make some copies, Ellie kept pointing to a big bag of tan packing peanuts.
Me: Those are packing peanuts.
Ellie: Peanuts?
Me: Yes, packing peanuts.
Ellie: Peanuts, peanuts, (lots of laughing)...Joey's peanuts! (more doubled over laughing).
It was then that I realized she had misheard me and wasn't saying "peanuts" after all. Truth be told, those packing peanuts did look a little like...
Hannah: Mom, it looks like there's a baby in your tummy.
Me: Yeah, I know but there's not a baby in there.
Hannah: I know, but it looks cute.
Kind of like this conversation I had with Joey once, but not really.
2 comments:
Peanuts! Hahaha. No wonder Ellie thought that was so funny!
In Swahili "pipi" (pronounced pee pee) is the word for candy. You can imagine it causes confusion with Eli!
As always, these are my favorite!
Post a Comment