Mrs. Barnes was a sweet, kind, and attentive teacher. We've been so blessed two years in a row by amazing teachers for Joey. While you may remember, he was a little nervous about starting first grade, he came home from the first day beaming, and he never stopped beaming about school all year.
After school we continued our tradition of having Joey invite a friend over to play. This year it was Adler, a friend from Joey's class and baseball team.
After the kids played with Legos, we went down to our annual neighborhood pool party.
Ellie even got to skip her nap! Look how excited she is!
I was worried that nap-less Ellie would crash and burn after we got back from the pool. Then at some point while I was making dinner, I realized I hadn't heard a peep from her. She was happily entertaining herself. Yay!
At Joey's request, we finished the day with tacos and ice cream sundaes. Now we are officially ready for summer!
3 comments:
Well, as if anyone doubted it, you certainly have a charmed life. I've heard estimations of what a stay-at-home mom's salary would be if she were paid for it and they were always over 100k. Thanks to your blog, I no longer have any confidence in those estimates.
Oh man, now I'm going to have to do a blog post about the "uncharmed" part of my life! I'm going to warn you though, the pictures of me grocery shopping, folding clothes, and scrubbing toilets aren't nearly as cute! ;-)
Megan, I scoop up Octavian, the Great Octavian's, aka Augustus Caesar, or Caesar Augustus' poop nearly every day. I think you could make that task look charming! What I just mentioned to Fern is that noone ever believed how wonderful our children were, and how smart, and blah, blah, blah, but you know, and I know, pride begets a fall, but if the time ever comes for the need, you've got proof of how wonderful your children are.
Post a Comment