A week ago I had a super busy, fun-filled weekend. Friday, Andy worked from home and watched the kids, so that I could go up to L.A. with my parents for my brother's graduation from UCLA. Officially Timmy graduated in December, but his ceremony was last Friday. It was fun getting to see him graduate.
The statue of the UCLA Bruin.
While we were waiting for the ceremony to start, my parents and I killed time by hanging out in the Alumni center. They had free Diddy Riese cookies (very famous in L.A.) and a photo booth with Joe and Josie Bruin.
At one point during the day we realized that while I was the only sibling that was able to come to Timmy's graduation...
exactly 12 years ago, he was the only sibling to come to mine. Awwww.
The next morning was the only downside to my weekend. I went over to my friend Lindsey's house to help her move and clean her empty house. Her and her family moved to Seattle the next day, and it was so hard for me to say goodbye to her. Thankfully we were able to have one last girl's night a couple of weeks ago:
After helping Lindsey for a little while, I came home, took a quick shower, took a much needed nap, and then got ready for a wedding. My childhood next door neighbor, Lauren, got married. I have so many wonderful memories growing up next to Lauren and her sister Megan, and it was so fun getting to be at her wedding.
At one point during the day we realized that while I was the only sibling that was able to come to Timmy's graduation...
exactly 12 years ago, he was the only sibling to come to mine. Awwww.
The next morning was the only downside to my weekend. I went over to my friend Lindsey's house to help her move and clean her empty house. Her and her family moved to Seattle the next day, and it was so hard for me to say goodbye to her. Thankfully we were able to have one last girl's night a couple of weeks ago:
Sarah, Dorissa, Sandy (also moving this summer), Lindsey, Me
After helping Lindsey for a little while, I came home, took a quick shower, took a much needed nap, and then got ready for a wedding. My childhood next door neighbor, Lauren, got married. I have so many wonderful memories growing up next to Lauren and her sister Megan, and it was so fun getting to be at her wedding.
(photo courtesy of Facebook)
It was a beautiful wedding and Lauren was a stunning bride!
It was a beautiful wedding and Lauren was a stunning bride!
Yay for sparklers...and a random wedding guest.
The next day was Father's Day. While Ellie and I took naps, Andy took the older two kids to a nearby baseball field. Andy loves taking the kids there, playing catch and having a little batting practice. Afterwards they got sundaes from McDonald's. When they got back, my parents came over and we all went to the pool. Then we came home and had dinner, ice cream, and presents for the dads.
What a fun, whirlwind of a weekend!

.jpg)



4 comments:
No way you found the photo! Awesome. Also, it appears I have grown.
I know...isn't that picture great?!
At the risk of insulting Tim on his graduation, and the wedding party, the picture of Andy and Megan at the bottom is proof positive Andy should run for Congress. My goodness.
He's a handsome one, Papa J!! :-)
Post a Comment