There's Treasure Everywhere

A Pinteresting Week

3 comments
This past week was our first full week of summer, and Joey and Hannah had swimming lessons. Having lessons every day kept us at home more, so I thought it would be a good opportunity to try out some of the kid activities I have pinned on Pinterest.

On Monday I made a couple of batches of play dough using this recipe because our old play dough was all dried out and unusable. The recipe turned out great and all three kids had a blast playing play dough especially since we haven't done it in a long time!

The next day, we tried this activity:

 The kid loved using the syringes to add colored vinegar to a plate of baking soda. We ran out of vinegar, but I stocked up and the kids have already been asking to do this activity again. This will definitely be a repeat activity.

Our last Pinterest activity of the week involved painting with colored ice. I didn't remember the activity quite right and I thought it was for the sidewalk. This turned out to be very underwhelming as you could barely see the colors. It probably would have worked great on paper like you were supposed to do.

Other than Pinterest, the kids liked just hanging out. I think it's because it was the first week of summer, but all three kids were more than content lounging in their pajamas, reading, playing Legos, and playing imaginary games until it was time for swimming lessons.

 Joey also used his free time to lay out outfits that he and Hannah are going to wear to the Phillies game we go to in Philadelphia in August. I love that he included their underwear!

 
 Hannah used her free time to play dress up. She loves wearing this dress of mine. She calls it her "Elsa dress." You'll notice that she even had me braid her hair like Elsa.

Swimming lessons themselves have been a great success as well. The kids were dreading them for some strange reason, but they both love going. The last five minutes of every class, they get to do a fun activity like go down the water slide, go on the diving boards, or play water basketball.

I told both (cautious) kids that I would pay them $5 if they jumped off the high dive. Hannah was the first one to take me up on my offer. She just climbed up, walked to the end, and jumped right off without any hesitation. I was so surprised! Later she told me she went so fast because she didn't want to think about it. Now Joey can't wait until his class goes back on the diving boards so he can cash in on his prize!

3 comments:

Shaping My Heart said...

I love that Joey and Ellie are taking the topless approach to summer :)

Mom K. said...

The underwear on the Philly outfits is precious!!!

Christina said...

Now Hannah and I can dress like Elsa together! ;)