And now for Part 2...
I went on a field trip with Hannah's class to the San Diego Children's Discovery Museum in Escondido. Even though it's close by, I had never been there before. It was really cute and the kids had a good time.

The kids had a lot of free play time inside and outside, but here they were doing an art lesson about landscape and perspective.
Ellie often likes to take her nap on the floor in her sleeping bag. She's almost 4 1/2 but she still usually sleeps during her nap time.
All my kids adore our little neighbor (and Chloe's little brother) Luke. When Hannah was holding him she said, "Not soon, but someday I'm going to have a baby of my own!" Thank goodness she said, "not soon."
Ellie and I stopped by for some Fro Yo Love after her swimming lessons one day. This girl loves to strike a pose!
The other day we had one of those idyllic times when everyone was super content doing their own thing. Hannah was playing "school," Ellie was playing "family," and Joey was playing Legos.
Every once in a while Ellie's curls still amaze me. I had to take a picture of these ringlet pigtails. Baby Anna has pigtails too so they were matching.
Last Saturday the girls and I went to a ballet performance. A family in our church had four of its five members performing. The girls LOVED everything about it: the costumes, the dancing, seeing familiar faces on the stage. It was awesome!
Joey loves telling people that his dad works at Google. His teacher mentioned that she would love it if Andy came into the class to talk about working for Google so he came in the last week of school. Ellie and I came to school for the talk, and we pulled Hannah out of her class so that she could see it too. Andy made a slide show and did such a great job talking about Google and also about computer science in general. The kids were really into it and asked great questions. Mrs. Barnes already asked if he would come back next year and do the same talk for her class even though she won't have one of our kids.
This was another day with our little friends. I was bold (crazy?) and took three nonswimmers to the pool by myself. It actually worked out well because all three kids were very cautious and they all had floaties on...and then we added an inner tube just for fun.
Breakfast tea party with her Beanie Boos

















0 comments:
Post a Comment