There's Treasure Everywhere

12 Weeks

2 comments
My little boy is 12 weeks old today! Of course I know he's growing, but it really hit home earlier this week. I went to get a hat for him to wear for our Farmers' Market Stroller Ride Day. I tried the two hats shown in his newborn pictures below, and neither of them came even close to fitting him.

It's also becoming more and more apparent that his nightly baths in the kitchen sink are coming to an end. He barely fits, and actually his legs haven't fit for quite a while. They just kind of hang over the edge.

So as I pack away all of his newborn clothes, hats, and swaddle blankets, I'm a little sad, but also excited about all that we have to look forward to: rolling over, sitting up, college...


2 comments:

Wendy said...

Hey Megan...I know what you mean. It was hard for me to pack away the first round of clothes. I saved some of them and made a shadow box with a little onesie, knit booties and cap from the hospital, the hankerchief from when Grandpa K baptized him, his first picture, and a silver spoon. It hangs on the wall in my guest bedroom. I check to make sure it is still there after my mom has been here.

Anonymous said...

Look at the little guy attending his first workout. It takes time to get the hang of it, ya know. Joey'll be doing push-ups in no time. Megan, you should post that cameraphone shot of Joey looking up at Andy. Not that clear, but the expression is precious, not to mention priceless.