There's Treasure Everywhere

Smile

2 comments


















When Joey was a newborn, my wise mother-in-law said that it's easy to fall into the trap of looking forward so much to what your child is going to do (like "I can't wait until he can crawl, walk, talk, etc.") that you forget to enjoy them at the present. What great advice! I have to admit though that I did break it one time...I couldn't wait until Joey started to smile.

Well, he's been smiling for a while now and it's just so precious. The best is when I'm not even expecting it. There are times when I go get him out of his crib in the morning or I'm changing his diaper, and I'll look down and he's just beaming at me.

Now it's awesome because he's starting to laugh. Sometimes he's lying on the floor while I'm in the kitchen doing dishes, and I'll hear him laughing by himself. I think he's telling himself jokes.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

And what a cute smile it is! I love the onesie, too. Feel like I've seen that somewhere before. Hmm. Keep the photos coming. Perhaps you can inspire me to post something on my delinquent blog.

Kelly said...

megan, that is one of the sweetest posts ever!