There's Treasure Everywhere

My First Pumpkin Pie

5 comments
I mentioned in an earlier post that I have been enjoying the Christmas season by doing a lot of baking. I volunteered to make a pumpkin pie for Christmas because it's Andy's favorite pie, and since in the past we have always traveled for the big holidays, I had never made one before. I was very proud of myself because I even made the pie crust from scratch! I know it's silly, but little domestic things like this somehow make me very happy.

5 comments:

Mike said...

What do you know, Megan -- I made MY first pumpkin pie this Christmas! OK, I cheated on the crust (it's been rubbish the other times I've tried), but the insides were by the recipe. OK, I had to make a substitution...I didn't know the difference between "evaporated" and "condensed" milk. I discovered my error in time to pull some of the sugar out, but it was still very sweet.

People in the UK don't eat pumpkin pie, so I'd promised one for our November church supper. Then they moved the date to when I'd be gone...one family gave me a hard time about the lack of pie, so I got my revenge by making them one. I also took one to a party, which came in to good reviews. I liked it too, but I missed the Cool Whip (not used here!)

Summer said...

A pie crust from scratch ain't no small thing!

Megan said...

Mike,
I remember when Andy's brother was in London and his friends had never had a pumpkin pie before either. They thought it sounded gross. He too did his American duty and made them one.

Anonymous said...

...so that's where my old navy sweatshirt went!!! :)

Megan said...

All sweaters and sweatshirts abandoned in that front closet are fair game! :-)