When Joey gets a little older, I would really like to have scheduled activities on certain days of the week. For example, maybe Monday will be library day, Wednesday can be picnic at the park day, Friday might be craft day, etc.
Well, Joey and I have our first official day! Tuesdays are now going to be "Farmers' Market Stroller Ride Day." (Yes, that is quite a mouthful, but that's part of the fun!)
Every Tuesday in downtown Escondido there is a Farmers' Market, and Joey and I finally made it down for the first time. I love how it's within walking distance. It was so fun walking around and looking at all the delicious food and beautiful flowers. I bought a little basket of gorgeous plump strawberries, this delicious avocado cilantro hummus, and homemade pita bread.
I can't wait until next Tuesday!

5 comments:
avocado cilantro hummus?!! send that my way!
Sounds like such a fun day! It looks so beautiful. My hometown also has a Farmer's Market on Tuesdays...maybe I'll make that a tradition when I have kids of my own.
Also, ditto on the avocado cilantro hummus! That sounds amazing!
I'm actually eating the hummus right now. It's unbelievable, and I don't even like hummus!
okay, megan, you don't have to rub it in!
I agree -- living within walking distance of a real market square has been one of the joys of living here in England. I hit mine most Saturdays, and now I can even have a Starbucks when I do -- we've gone really upscae here!
Post a Comment