There's Treasure Everywhere

Fort Wayne

4 comments
Last week I flew out to visit my sister, brother-in-law and nephew, Ben, in Fort Wayne, Indiana. I got in really late at night so I didn't get to see Ben until the next morning. I could hear him when he woke up and Rachel was still sleeping, so I went into his room, picked him up and rocked him in his rocking chair.

 
He was definitely a little nervous about the whole situation, but his only reaction was to bury his face into my shoulder, which just made him more cuddly! When Rachel woke up and came to see what we were up to, Ben looked at her but made no effort to escape. We thought that was so funny!

I had so much fun hanging out with Ben! He's almost sixteen months and it's such a great age. He is very sweet, giggly, and cute! He loved wearing my boots (pictured above), having me chase him with the Fisher Price popcorn popper toy, and shooting baskets in his hoop.

Rachel and Michael were pretty fun to hang out with too. ;-) Rachel and I did our favorite activities like making delicious meals (I can't stop thinking about the pumpkin ravioli we made), making cookies, taking naps, and watching funny YouTube videos.

Saturday night, Michael and Rachel took me to a popular restaurant that just opened nearby called Scotty's. They have great, unusual burgers, although I passed on the one with peanut butter on it.

 We tried to get a little photo shoot with Ben and me, but he wasn't really in the mood.
 Rachel was much more cooperative.

Michael and Rachel, thanks so much for your amazing hospitality! You guys spoiled me so much! I can't wait to come back  (Andy, can I go back?!?!)!

4 comments:

Shaping My Heart said...

We had so much fun having you here!!! Yes Andy, please let her come back!

Anonymous said...

You are even matching in the picture by the lake!. I love the red, white and blue stiped theme! Maybe Benjamin & Christina can have a 4th of July wedding!

Mom K. said...

The above comment is from me!
Megan doesn't look pregnant in that picture!

Megan said...

For the record, not pregnant.