There's Treasure Everywhere

Christmas Tree

Leave a Comment
In our house, getting a Christmas tree is extra special because we only do it every other year. It seems like such a waste to buy a Christmas tree when we are going out of town, so we just get one when we are staying home for Christmas.

I love getting our tree from a Christmas tree farm and picking out which one we want chopped down. Unfortunately, we found out that this is the last year the Christmas tree farm near our house is going to be open. I guess we have two years to figure out what to do next time.
Here are Joey and Bubba scoping out the trees.
Hannah Belle was a little nervous about walking up and down the dirt hills, so Joey was helping her down.
And here's the family. I think it's funny that the palm trees are more prominent than the Christmas trees. Welcome to Christmas tree shopping in Southern California!For this picture, Bubba and Nana wanted one with just the grandkids...that's why just my tummy is in it!
Once we got home, we got down to business decorating. Andy and Joey worked on the lights.
Then Tinkerbell joined in to help with the ornaments.
I have never found a Christmas tree topper that I like as much as the one we had growing up. It was a beautiful handmade star that floated above our tree. My great-grandfather gave it to my mom years ago. My grandma has an identical one, and she gave it to me when we went to visit her last week. I love that this special star is now hanging over our tree!

0 comments: