There's Treasure Everywhere

Sunset Park

2 comments
My friend, Rachael, told me about this new park in town called Sunset Park that sounded amazing. The kids and I packed our lunch on Friday and decided to check it out.

Other than the bark instead of sand (who wants to play in sharp little pieces of bark?), it was a really cool park. There were so many things for the kids to play on and equipment I had never seen before.

Joey saw another kid do this trick and decided he wanted to try. He was a little nervous, but managed to climb to the top. Here he is holding on for dear life.

Hannah Belle missed playing with her sand toys, but she made due with the bark. She also got a little extra fiber into her diet. Yum! That's what I call a win-win.

This might have been Joey's favorite part of the park. He LOVED climbing on this snake. As we were leaving he said that he wanted to take the snake home with him as a pet. He proceeded to walk to the car with his hands held out in front of his as if he were carrying the snake. Do you want to know what he named his snake? Mr. Lanzone.

2 comments:

The Werfs said...

Yay, Megan! Glad you checked out the park and had a great time! What a bummer about the bark and not sand - that is weird. Hopefully we can go with you sometime!

Stacie said...

Yeah, I don't get the wood chips either. I have seen those in a few parks. Looks fun otherwise.

Please don't ever let Joey get a real snake. :)