There's Treasure Everywhere

Happy Birthday, Hannah

5 comments
My baby is one today, but we had her party on Saturday! When I first started thinking about Hannah's first birthday party, I figured I would just do our "Uno" theme again. Then my mom bought Hannah this adorable dress for her party. Call me silly, but I couldn't imagine Hannah wearing this precious dress with the primary color scheme of Uno.
So we went with cupcakes instead.

Andy and I spent the week before her party making eight big cupcakes out of construction paper. I bought some fabric for the drink table. (Now that we are done with that fabric, I'm going to have my mom or mother-in-law use it to make an apron for Hannah.)
This was my favorite part of our cupcake theme. First, I found some directions online to make a cupcake stand out of cardboard and salt shakers. Then, Andy made these little cupcake toppers using Photoshop. Each cupcake cut out had a different picture of Hannah and they said, "Our cupcake is one." I hot glued each one to a toothpick and stuck them into our strawberry cupcakes.
Uncle Timmy's favorite part of the party was the food table.
Here I am making the pizzas for lunch. We had barbecue chicken, veggie, garlic shrimp, and pepperoni pizza.
Cupcake time!
Hannah enjoyed hers.
Pretty little birthday girl.
More birthday pictures coming...

5 comments:

Stacie said...

Happy Birthday Hannah! I love the theme. You are so creative and thrifty.

Scott and Deb said...

Megan, everything looks awesome! I love the big paper cutouts. You're so creative!

Kelly said...

i was thinking of doing a cupcake theme for kendall's before i settled on curious george. i was all set to buy all these cute decorations, but i have to say, yours are cuter, and CHEAPER! so, i might just copy yours when i do decide to have that theme, because it's inevitable. :)

Rachel said...

I love all these pictures! Her dress is adorable! Also, the food table looks delicious and I would also like to make a note about dad's outfit...what a good look ! :)

Jill and Rich said...

Adorable! Happy Birthday, Hannah! (also, I almost bought that same dress for Laura the other day but talked myself out of it. Now seeing Hannah look so cute, it makes me want to go back and get it!)