There's Treasure Everywhere

Summer Camera Dump

Leave a Comment

Man, our summer went by too quickly as usual. Now that we are settling back into our school routine, I thought I would do a camera dump from our summer. This picture is actually from our annual pool party on the last day of school. Joey invited Matias, Chloe is a given, and Ellie invited Mila, a girl from her class who also happens to live in our neighborhood.

Believe it or not, we didn't even plan to buy the girls the same suits!


A random trip to Dairy Queen because summer is the best!


I've mentioned that Hannah made softball All-Stars, but Joey also made baseball All-Stars. He ended up being in All-Stars for every sport he played his 5th grade year!


This turned out to be a big reading summer for Joey and Hannah. I often found them lounging on the couch with their noses in books. It made my reader's heart very happy!


The kids also played a lot of games. Joey somehow convinced his sisters to play Monopoly with him. Don't let those smiles fool you; two kids ended up in tears and one kid ended up in his or her room. Good times!


Hannah got a cross-stitch craft from Uncle Benjamin and Aunt Christina for her birthday. She finally had time to cross-stitch her "H" pillow. She really enjoyed working on it, and the pillow turned out really well!


Dinner with friends.


Random photo shoot before church. I think four of us accidentally matched, so the other two got on board, and we took a picture.


One of the things I wanted to do with the kids this summer was to take a hike called Annie's Canyon Trail. I did the hike years ago in high school and always remembered what a cool hike it was. We ended up going on a Sunday so that Andy could join us.


It's a short hike, but goes through these really narrow passageways that makes it a lot of fun. We ended up looping around twice.


Of course we went to the pool a ton this summer. We often invited friends over to go with us, or the kids just played with whatever neighborhood friends were there. Every once in a while we got the pool all to ourselves!


Hannah's All-Star softball party was a hit! (Sorry. Terrible pun. I couldn't help myself.)


Every three weeks we went to the library and checked out about 40-50 books. The drive home from the library was always nice and quiet.


We had a heat wave over the summer with several days in a row around 100 degrees. Our upstairs doesn't have air conditioning except for a window unit in the master bedroom, so for about a week the five of us had a slumber party in our room every night.


This was my sixth year leading VBS at our church. Thankfully I have some good helpers.


The girls love helping me lead the songs in the front.


Their cousin Ben drew a picture of each of them and sent it in the mail. We took this picture to show Ben that we loved his artwork. 


Last year we went to the Wave Waterpark and had so much fun we decided to make it a yearly tradition. This year Joey invited his friend Matias, and we also invited Chloe. Unfortunately I didn't get a picture of the girls, but the we all had a great time. It's become one of my favorite days of the summer.


Andy had a Google trip to the Orange County Fair. He ate a double hamburger on Krispy Kreme donut buns. Gross.


Our sweet friend Miss Margie invited us over for lunch. The kids played Hedbanz outside while Miss Margie and I chatted inside.


At the beginning of August, I had my 20th high school reunion. 20 years! Yikes! We had the reunion at a cool outdoor restaurant in Carlsbad. While we were setting up for an official photo, Andy snapped some pictures.


Chloe's brother, Luke, aka Captain Jack Sparrow, is obsessed with all things pirate. The kids humored him and set up a big pirate ship with the Captain shouting out orders.


Another summer tradition we have is to go out to dinner with the Levitons. In the past we've gone to Red Robin, but this year we went to BJs. It was such a fun night out and a good way to end our summer!

0 comments: