There's Treasure Everywhere

Our Weekend

4 comments
Our weekend started out with a date night for Andy and me. Well, kind of. We went to a parenting class at our church. We are reading a book called, The Faithful Parent and watching a video series called, The Case for Kids.

My parents came over to watch the kids for us, and I found this picture on my camera after they left.

My mom emailed me later with the back story...
"I was playing with the extra large duplos with Hannah in Joey's room right after bath time, and Dad was brushing Joey's teeth. Joey comes in and asks me if he can play a video game. I said yes and he quickly left and Hannah just pops up, turns and runs downstairs. She grabs a hand set and just throws herself down on the couch and starts pushing buttons watching the Super Mario video demo on the screen. Joey is playing away and I said to Dad "look at Hannah pretending". Then Dad tells me that Joey is just pretending also. Neither Dad nor Joey know how to get the game to start. "

Now that I know the story, I think it's funny to see how focused and serious they both look.

See that dress up skirt Hannah is wearing? She was still wearing it the next morning when I got her from her crib. She wore it the whole next day and to bed that night. I thought she was going to wear it to church, but she got oatmeal on it Sunday morning--praise God for small miracles!
Saturday Andy and Joey went to Lowe's and Fry's to buy some boy stuff, and then I wanted to take Joey to Toys R Us to pick out a birthday present for Hannah. Since it was almost lunch time, Andy had the idea that we would each take out one kid for a one-on-one lunch date. He took Hannah and I took Joey. It was really fun and both kids loved it. The funny thing is that both kids ended up picking to go to McDonald's, much to their parents' chagrin. We did go to different McDonald's though because I drove to the one that was closer to the Toys R Us. Joey and I scored because we picked a McDonald's with a play place which is really why Joey wanted to go there in the first place.

Saturday night we had a family movie night and watched Star Wars: Episode 1-The Phantom Menace. As I mentioned before, the kids have really been into Star Wars lately. Andy is living the dream. This may be the reason he wanted to have kids in the first place--to share his love of Han Solo, Chewbacca, and all the rest.

Sunday was a pretty uneventful despite some minor parenting frustrations. Let's just say the Lord is trying to keep us humble when it comes to our children's behavior! Nap time was my favorite part of the day.

Sunday evening, however, was Andy's favorite part of the day because the NBA All Star game was on. He looks forward to it every year. We celebrated by eating chicken fajitas in front of the TV.

All in all, it was a nice, quiet weekend!

4 comments:

Haley said...

They really do both look like they are playing video games. That's adorable!

Soon we should have a chat via email about those parenting frustrations. I seem to recall you mentioning some meal time battles with Joey at one point and I'd love to hear what was helpful for y'all with that.

Anonymous said...

Episode 1??? Hmmm, maybe Andy should watch this before the next family movie night: http://www.sfsignal.com/archives/2011/02/psa-how-to-talk-to-your-kids-about-star-wars/

Cody

Megan said...

Cody, that is too funny. Don't worry though, of course we started with episodes 3-6.

Mom Krause said...

First of all I just watched that "star wars video clip' and that was hilarious.
Also the most humorous thing that night was when I was in Joey's bedroom with him and I heard a noise on the other side of the wall. I asked Joey,"What is that noise?" and he says," It is either a rat, a monster or Hannah".