There's Treasure Everywhere

Train Ride

Leave a Comment
My mom: When can we have the kids overnight because Dad and I want to take them on a little train ride?
Me: You can have them the whole month of January.

I was only partially kidding.

In my defense, January is always a bit rough around here as the kids are detoxing from all the presents and undivided attention from their extended family members.

So instead of quitting cold turkey, my parents took the kids for a Friday night and the following Saturday for a little more undivided attention. Let's just say, it was glorious. Andy and I had a really fun date night and an incredibly romantic Saturday of getting little projects done around the house.

Okay, so that part wasn't romantic at all, but being productive is one of my love languages. So much better than flowers. :-)

The kids, on the other hand, had a blast riding the Coaster, the local train that travels...wait for it...up and down the coast.


I love how in this picture Hannah has a sweatshirt on top of a hooded sweatshirt with the hood up. For some reason, it makes me so happy.


In this picture, Hannah and Joey are both wearing old sweatshirts that my siblings and I used to wear. In fact, I'm sure, somewhere, there's a picture of my brother and sister together wearing these sweatshirts.

0 comments: