There's Treasure Everywhere

The Things They Say, Part 14

7 comments
Joey, sitting on the couch, playing his guitar, composing a five minute long song. This was my favorite part:
"God is mighty and powerful and can do anything, but sometimes He says no."


After I accidentally bumped Joey's arm and hurt him a little...
Joey: Mommy, that's why you have to be careful with kids. They're really special.


Joey: Hannah, you are more than welcome to wear my flip-flops.


After Joey got his new bike from Santa...
Joey: Did you sell my old bike?
Me: No, it's still in the garage.
Joey: I have an idea. Let's sell it to Hannah when she is two.


Joey: Hannah is bugging me so I'm not going to play with her for the rest of the day.
Me: Well that's not very nice.
Joey: Would you want to play with someone who was bugging you?

7 comments:

Aunt Rachel said...

"The Things They Say" are my favorite blog posts! Does Joey use the line "I have an idea" often? He cracks me up with his smart and funny comments!

Mom K. said...

That is so wonderful that you are writing these down. They are priceless.

Anonymous said...

Hi Megan,

I love these postings...I remember when my son would say things like this and I wish I would have recorded them! Words were funny too, like motorcyc-icle! :-) It was great seeing you all and Joe says next time you come by and he's in a meeting I'm to interrupt and get him!

~Valerie

timmy k said...

So much wisdom coming from this kid. I was going to ask if you were taking notes but clearly you are. Good work.

Megan said...

Valerie,
It was great seeing you too! We'll have to stop by again soon!

J. Spear said...

Megan, I always love the "Joeyisms" as well!

Stacie said...

FUNNIEST KID EVER!!!!