I had been to Seattle about five years ago, so I was excited to show the kids around. Our first stop was Pike's Place Market.
While we were there, we just happened to run into Ellie's good friend from school. I knew that Emily and her parents were in Seattle that day. Her mom and I had already discovered that we were both going to be at the Mariner's game that afternoon. I was going to surprise Ellie at the game, but then we were both surprised by running into them first thing that morning at the market.
After we saw Emily and made plans to reconnect at the baseball game, we walked around the VERY crowded market. There were some fun free samples to try.
One highlight was that we got to see the guys throw the huge fish around at the Pike Place Fish Market.
The girls and I loved looking at all of the gorgeous flowers, and we couldn't get over how inexpensive they were. We decided that Seattle would be a great place to plan your wedding if you wanted to get amazing flowers for cheap.
Papa J also treated everyone to freshly made doughnuts, which were delicious!
The girls went across the street to see the first Starbucks, but they decided it wasn't worth the huge line to actually get something.
After the market, we walked to the baseball stadium.
It's funny that we went to two baseball games this summer, one in Denver and one in Seattle. The game was great. It was nice and sunny and just a relaxing day at the ball park.
And these two got to hang out for a while. So funny that we happened to both be in Seattle at the same time. After the game, we walked to a nearby restaurant for dinner and then headed to the airport for our flight. In another funny coincidence, Emily and her parents were on our flight home.
I think our cruise to Alaska will always be one of our all-time favorite family memories. We all had the best time!









0 comments:
Post a Comment