Here are some of my previous projects:
2013 (the 1st Camp Nana although Ellie was too young to go)
2015
2017
2018
Ever since last year, I've been wanting to get our garage painted. I know it sounds a little weird, but our walls are super gross and dirty and the paint is flat so I can't clean them. People often come in and out of our house through the garage, and it's just so nasty. I also thought it would be a great opportunity to clean everything out, declutter and reorganize.
As soon as I dropped off the kids Wednesday morning at my parents' house, I got to work unloading the garage. Most of the stuff went inside and the rest of the stuff went in the backyard.

Here's sad news about me...I'm terrible at taking "before pictures." I just get too excited about my project, and I just start going before I think to take a picture. So here's the best before and after pictures I can do-I tried a couple of paint samples on the wall, but you can see how nasty the walls are. We ended up going with the same blue-gray we painted the bathrooms upstairs, we just lightened it by 50%.
Once we had everything painted (we hired a guy to patch and paint the walls-money well spent!), Andy installed my birthday present. I really wanted more hooks on our walls. The kids thought that was a really sad birthday present, but it made me super happy!
Here's our finished garage...
I'm loving all of those hooks! Happy birthday to me!
As part of the garage cleaning process, I borrowed a friend's power washer and tried power washing the garage floor. It didn't really do much, but since we had it, Andy decided to power wash our backyard. So, while I was putting everything back in the garage, Andy power washed our whole backyard and the plastic furniture. It's amazing how fresh and clean everything looked.
And of course while the kids were gone, we had a bunch of date nights.
One of our go-to places is Mr. Taco. We love walking down the hill and getting some delicious Mexican food. This time Andy went crazy and got the carne asada fries. They were amazing!
So, another shout out to my parents for taking the kids for almost a week so that I could make all of my garage dreams come true!










2 comments:
Is that a new shelf above the white cabinets?
Great pics of the garage...I really can see everything well. Love all the hooks on the railing. That was a pretty big project. With your new flooring, remodeled bathrooms and kitchen, your garage...you have really kept up on your house!
I hope you didn't throw anything important away. Sometimes it may be important to keep even things that don't spark joy!
Your backyard does look "freshend up". I bet the power washer really cleaned the flagstone and stucco well.
No, that shelf above the white cabinets has always been there. The only new things are the hooks on the other side. It's so nice to have everything so organized and fresh!
Post a Comment