There's Treasure Everywhere

Summer Camera Dump

1 comment
Here are some random pictures of our wonderful, wonderful summer...


Joey's friend Colton's birthday is in October, but he wanted to wait for their new pool to be done so he could have a pool party. The pool was WAY delayed, but it made a nice start to the summer!




Two weekends later, Colton's little sister Summer had her belated birthday party.


 She had been wanting a mermaid party so they invited Ariel! Ariel even swam with the girls!


This was a summer with a lot of singing. Ellie performed a few songs for us.


For Father's Day we went and played basketball at a nearby park.


Then we had my parents over for dinner and played games.


The girls made a huge fort in their room with different areas for different purposes.


I love that Dave Logan was part of the fort fun.


The kids enjoyed some summer coloring projects.


Ellie was playing soccer outside and rolled her ankle fairly badly at the end of June. It was pretty swollen and sore for a few days. She didn't seem to mind resting and relaxing. We were just glad it felt better in time for her birthday party.


Happy 17 years to us!


Andy encouraged the kids to practice their dribbling this summer by letting them watch a TV show while they dribble. It was great having them get good at dribbling without looking at the balls.


This was from one of our park dates. The girls usually brought Cameron and/or Chloe along. There was a lot of style going on this day so I had to take a picture.


 Beach day with our neighbors!


My mom was in Indiana visiting my sister and her family (and new baby!) so my dad came over for dinner. We made homemade pretzels, had dinner and played games.


We had a lot of relaxing downtime this summer. Hannah made a foot bath for herself with Orbeez.


Andy and Ellie started putting this doll house together on the Fourth of July. They had a few more details to add so they finished it the next weekend.


All done!


Pool twins.


Mermaids!


Andy and the kids took this goofy picture to send to Papa J to let him know that all of his FedEx packages had arrived.


Playing with LOL dolls...and her new dollhouse!


I came home from Jazzercise one morning and the girls had made this cozy area downstairs.


They were very excited that their outfits matched the new water bottles that they had gotten from Dave and Buster's.


Tami and her family were in California for their annual trip to visit her family. We always try to get together either with or without the kids. This was a "without the kids" visit. Sarah and I drove up to Costa Mesa to meet Tami for breakfast one Saturday morning.


For some reason the girls enjoyed sleeping on the floor together for most of the summer.


Way back in April, Ellie and I had gotten pedicures together. I had told Hannah that sometime this summer I would take her. We went out the afternoon before our trip to San Luis Obispo. While we were getting pampered, Joey and Ellie had a little date. They walked down to 7-Eleven together for slurpees and then came home and played Legos until Hannah and I came home.


My parents had us over for my birthday dinner after we got back from San Luis Obispo. I only have one more year left in my thirties!


Ellie and I loved doing karaoke so much at the Google party, that Andy bought me some karaoke games for our Wii for my birthday. One Sunday after church our whole family played for four and a half hours straight. We only stopped because we had to go to someone's house for dinner. I didn't know it would be so addicting!


We had Andy's parents over for dinner one night. It ended with several rounds of Cthulhu.



How can a summer be so relaxing and still wear us out? We sure are going to miss summer!

1 comments:

Karen said...

What a great variety of pictures and events. What a fun summer for all of you.
I can't believe how many kids were at Colton's birthday. That is a lot of boys!
And the girls swam with Ariel! So cool.