There's Treasure Everywhere

Father-Daughter Dance

1 comment
On Hannah's birthday, their school had a Father-Daughter Dance. They have one every year, but Hannah has never expressed interest in going. This year though, Ellie came home from school pumped about news of the dance. She asked if Hannah would go too, and when I said yes she wasn't thrilled. She didn't think one dad could take two daughters. I told her that's how Father-Daughter dances are when dads have more than one daughter, but she didn't seem entirely convinced. Later I had this conversation with Hannah:

Me: Do you want to go to the Father-Daughter dance?
Hannah: Um, not really.
Me: Really? Because Ellie wants to go.
Hannah (perking up): Ellie would go? Oh! Then I want to go too! 

I thought it was so sweet that the idea of getting to go with her sister motivated her to go.



Joey had a baseball game that night, so I helped the girls get ready before I left and then asked my neighbor to take some pictures.


It turned into a little neighborhood photo shoot.


I think it's funny that Hannah and Chloe dressed so similarly when they didn't even plan it. Hannah borrowed my shoes for the dance...how weird is that?! I guess she had better borrow them while she still can because I'm sure she'll outgrow them soon.



Andy said that it was really funny to witness the girls' different personalities at the dance. He said that Ellie is definitely my daughter, while Hannah is much more like him. As soon as they got to the dance, Ellie started dancing and hooked up with a gang of first grade girls that buzzed around the room.


Meanwhile, Hannah hung back with her dad and watched the crowd.


All three of them had a great night!

1 comments:

Karen said...

Many comments:
1. That is sweet that Ellie wanted to be with Andy alone.
2.Would be kind of weird to go with one daughter only...well I guess he would have to pick his favorite...that is usually pretty easy to do (;-)
3. So Hannah did have Andy by herself!
4. She is in 3rd grade and wore high heels!!!
5. Everyone looked so nice!