There's Treasure Everywhere

Legoland for Free!

2 comments
On Facebook last week I saw that a friend had extra Legoland tickets that she was giving away for free that were only good for two more days. I immediately sent her a private message, but it turns out she lives really far away. Then she said that if someone around her picked up some of the other free tickets she had, she would give them four extra for me. It sounded like a long shot, but she sent me another message that someone was indeed going to bring the tickets down for me. By this time it was Wednesday night, so I started scrambling to rearrange some things so that we could go on Thursday.


Legoland doesn't open until 10:00, so when the kids got up in the morning I just told them they had another orthodontic appointment so they could watch cartoons for a little bit in the morning. They were pumped and didn't ask too many questions. Finally, when it was time to get ready they asked, "Wait, why do we have to go back to the orthodontist?" I told them where we were really going, and they got ready lickety split fast.



We had some set backs trying to get our tickets as the lady who was bringing them to us kept getting delayed. I'm not going to lie, it was a little frustrating, but I couldn't really complain about free tickets!


We finally got in and hit the ground running.


My kids don't take great pictures in the sun.


See?


Cuteness as usual.



This is Ellie's favorite ride. Can you tell?


Sister twins again!



I mentioned this last time we went to Legoland, but it is so nice going to Legoland with two kids who are tall enough to ride all the rides without an adult. That meant that we could split up a little. While Joey and Hannah rode the roller coasters, Ellie and I went to her favorite rides.


Pointing and laughing at the criminals.


Another one of Ellie's favorite rides!


At one point Hannah wanted to go on a ride that had kind of a long line so Joey and Ellie bailed to go on the helicopters.


The kids always love getting to see the Lego 4D Movie.


Since Andy was out of town and we were living it up, I figured we could stop by Chick-fil-A or In-N-Out for dinner after Legoland. The kids really wanted to get a fun dessert at Legoland, so I left the decision up to them: we could go out to eat afterwards or each kid could pick a special treat. They were REALLY happy with their decision!






Legoland closed at 6:00 pm, but their "Big Store" stays open for longer, so I told the kids that they could hang out there after we were done with the rides. They had so much fun. We finally left around 6:30.


What a great day!

2 comments:

Karen said...

What is Hannah's dessert?
The mask picture is so cute! I have not seen those before.
What a nice day you ended up having.

Megan said...

Hannah picked these delicious cinnamon and sugar apple fries!