As usual, we planned to go visit "Knob Hill Santa" this year (he actually has a page on Yelp!). The whole day Ellie kept telling me, "I do NOT want to sit on his lap!" I reassured her that she did not have to, that I would hold her. I did finally get her to agree to talk to him as long as she didn't have to sit on his lap.
Ellie did fine as long as she was being held by either Andy or me.
She was a little nervous about going up to Santa, but she let me get fairly close.
Then when it was her turn, she just started shouting out her pre-rehearsed list at Santa: "a Dora backpack and Hello Kitty makeup (she copied that from Hannah's list).
Santa couldn't hear her, so he convinced her to stand closer to him. She actually did fine with that until he said he wanted to tell her a secret in her ear. That made her freak out a little. Even I thought that was a little creepy, but he just wanted to say something to her about bringing her candy.
It was fun to look back and see all of our years visiting Santa so far:
2009 Our first year. It was actually a different house/Santa than the other years.
2010 We didn't fit in a visit before our trip to Philadelphia for a wedding this year.
2011 This year started our run with the Knob Hill Santa.
2012
2013
3 comments:
Oh, my goodness...just looked at Santa visit 2009...Joey is so darling! I wish they could just be frozen when they are so young!
I'm with Ellie. The whole theory of Santa is totally creepy!
i'm dying. I just love Ellies insightful fear of Santa.
Post a Comment