There's Treasure Everywhere

The Birthday is Over, Halloween has Begun

4 comments
Thursday night, after Joey picked out his birthday present at Target, we told him, "Okay, your birthday is now over and Halloween starts tomorrow!" How's that for a transition?

Friday morning we went over to Andy's work for our annual trick-or-treating at his office. For Halloween, Joey decided to be Darth Vader, but Hannah kept picking a different princess every time I asked her. She picked Belle the most, so I got a hand-me-down Belle costume from my friend. Then our neighbor down the street randomly gave her a bunch of old costumes a couple of weeks ago, and one of them was Sleeping Beauty's dress. I figured she can pick a different princess outfit for each Halloween activity this year.

The kids love going around to all the different offices and getting candy and trinkets.


Andy's company has had this trick-or-treating activity for the kids for four years now. Literally, these are the only four kids that ever really come. I think it's so sweet that they keep doing it for these die-hard regulars, although I think the guys in the office get a kick out of it too!One of the guys Andy works with, Steven, took these great pictures.

After we trick-or-treated our way through the office, we had lunch with Andy. At lunch Andy told the kids that he had some special treats for Darth Vader and Sleeping Beauty.

Darth Vader got a red light saber. This was a big deal because Joey's other light sabers are blue and green which are only for the good guys. He didn't want to use them with his Darth Vader costume because that wouldn't be "realistic."

Sleeping Beauty got a jewelry set with Sleeping Beauty earrings, a bracelet, and a necklace.

That evening, we went to a Halloween carnival at the church that we go to for Bible study. This is another annual tradition that the kids love. At the last minute, Joey decided to be Batman and use the new mask Andy got him from the Dollar Store for his birthday. He's had those Batman pajamas for a long time.
With a few years of experience under our belt at this carnival, we finally were able to get there right when it started and before the lines got too long. Joey and Hannah LOVED going down this slide.

And they had lots of fun going around and playing all the games, even though they were mostly interested in the candy prize at the end.

Halloween, round one, was a big success!

4 comments:

Aunt Rachel said...

Ok, I know I keep saying this, but THEY ARE SO CUTE! I love Hannah's curly hair! How did you do that?

Megan said...

I curled it with a curling iron just like when we curl our hair. She stayed really still for it! I actually curled it twice, once for each event because she had a nap in between. The first thing she said to me when she woke up from her nap that day: "My hair is messed up!" Haha. I guess she liked it curled too!

Aunt Rachel said...

One more question- did you notice Joey grabbing himself? haha his future wife will love that someday :)

Nana said...

Hannah needs to be Sleeping Beauty everyday! She looked beautiful, like a real princess!