Late Saturday afternoon, Andy took Joey and Hannah outside to wait for some dinner guests that were due to come over any minute. Joey was riding his bike around and Hannah was sitting on a lawn chair watching him. Hannah dropped a toy and, as she leaned over to get it, she did a face plant right onto the sidewalk. I heard her cry, so I went out to see her. Andy was holding her, and I thought she was going to be just fine until I saw her chin. It had split right open. I'd seen this injury before, so I knew what it meant: stitches.
Besides feeling badly for Hannah, I was also bummed about having to cancel our dinner plans after spending two days in preparation, including making homemade ciabatta bread, cilantro pesto and chipotle mayonnaise for our sandwiches; homemade dressing for our salad; homemade salsa; assembling a beautiful strawberry shortcake; and cleaning the house. Selfish, but true!
Hannah and I headed to the ER while Andy called our dinner guests to cancel (thankfully, they hadn't left their house yet).
Our trip to the ER took only about 2 1/2 hours. Hannah got five stitches. Other than the traumatic 10 minutes of actually getting the stitches put in, it really wasn't too big of an ordeal. She's okay now and none the wiser.
And, we had our friends over for lunch after church on Sunday instead!
1 comments:
Poor Hannah. I got stitches twice on my chin so I feel her pain. Your dinner sounds great. I miss your cooking!
Post a Comment