There's Treasure Everywhere

Movies

1 comment
I've rented a few movies lately that I really enjoyed. With a couple of the movies, as soon as I was finished watching them I wanted to see them again. That is very unusual for me. The first movie is called Facing the Giants. It was actually made by a church and is definitely a Christian movie. At first I was a little put off by the bad acting, but then I found out that all the people working on the movie were volunteers. In light of that, it is very well done. The story is very powerful and it had me laughing and crying from beginning to end.

One of Andy and my favorite movies is Pride and Prejudice (yes, the six hour BBC version). It's been one of my favorite movies probably since I was in junior high. I never had any intent of making Andy sit through a six hour "chick flick" with me, but one time I was watching it and Andy was nearby. He got more and more into it, and finally we just started at the beginning and watched the whole thing together. I heard that Persuasion, another Jane Austen movie, was also a really good movie. I didn't like that book as much, but I thought I would try the movie. Oh, I love it! If you like all things Jane Austen and haven't seen this movie, I highly recommend it.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

we watched facing the giants at youth group once. extremely cheesy and terrible acting, but as you said, once you got past that, it wasn't half bad.