There's Treasure Everywhere

Girls' Day in LA

2 comments


For Peggie's 70th birthday, Papa J had a connection and was able to make her a hair appointment with a fancy celebrity hair stylist near Hollywood. He wanted Amanda and I to take her up to LA and make a girls' day of it. It was all his treat! We started with brunch at Fig Tree in Venice


The restaurant was darling and right on the beach. 


The food there was SO good! I think it was the best breakfast burrito I've ever had! 


After a long leisurely brunch, we headed over to the Getty Center. Peggie loves art museums so I knew it would be the perfect place to take her.


The views were gorgeous from the Getty.


We got to see Renoirs, Manets, Monets, Van Gogh's Irises, and so many others.


The gardens outside were beautiful as well.


Unfortunately, while we were at the Getty, Peggie got a message that her hairstylist had a family emergency and had to cancel. It was definitely a bummer, but we were having such a great time, we weren't too disappointed. It just meant we had more time for dinner! Amanda found another place close to the water, this time in Huntington Beach.


We were still pretty full from earlier, so we just shared some appetizers, had drinks, and then a tray of homemade donuts for dessert. It was all delicious! 

Despite the cancelled hair cut, it was still a wonderful girls' day in LA!

2 comments:

PapaJ said...

This is Papa J...from what I heard, haircut or no, Fern, Megan, and Amanda had a wonderful day up in LA County. The views and pictures are beautiful, so I am glad it all worked out! Happy 70th, Dear!

PapaJ said...

This is Papa J...from what I heard, haircut or no, Fern, Megan, and Amanda had a wonderful day up in LA County. The views and pictures are beautiful, so I am glad it all worked out! Happy 70th, Dear!