This year was our church's ninth year of VBS, and my eighth year leading it. We had ten kids move away from the church right before VBS this year (two families of five kids each), so it was definitely a smaller year for us, but after not having VBS at all last year, the kids seemed very happy to be back.
One thing I love about our VBS is that as soon as kids graduate from being in VBS, they become helpers. They make the best helpers because they are so familiar with the VBS routine. This was Joey's first year helping, and he made an amazing group leader. I put him with our youngest group, and he rocked it. He definitely has a gift with little ones.
Ellie was very happy to be back at VBS!
And this was Hannah's last year. I'm already figuring out how she can help next year. I'm thinking she'll be with Andy and the preschoolers. He always needs solid helpers.
I'm so thankful they enjoy doing it so much. It would be really lame with just me up there!
Unfortunately I don't have a picture of the whole preschool group, but here's one of my favorites (I actually call him my boyfriend because we have a little crush on each other) pounding his Froot Loop necklace at craft time.
I'm so thankful that VBS went so smoothly this year. It seems to get a little easier every year which is wonderful considering the fact that I don't think my kids will let me quit anytime soon!






0 comments:
Post a Comment