Most of the week was pretty chill and relaxing. The girls played with all of their friends in the neighborhood, and Joey had a friend over on Tuesday.
We had an unseasonably warm week so on Tuesday Ellie ended up going to the beach all day with Cameron. These two girls are just the sweetest best friends!
After a full day at the beach and dinner together, Cameron's mom told me that Cameron said, "I hope Ellie had a good time today!" Later she said, "Ellie is my best, best, best, best friend." When Cameron's mom told me all of this I laughed and said that I had asked Ellie what her favorite part of the day was, and she listed everything she did with Cameron. Then Ellie said to me, "It's really special that I get to live next to Cameron!"
I have decided that Wednesday and Friday are my favorite days of the Thanksgiving week. I love spending all day Wednesday getting ready for our Thanksgiving feast! I cleaned, set the table and prepped as much food as I could including make-ahead mashed potatoes and make-ahead gravy. I'm such a nerd, but I really love all the preparation!
Thanksgiving morning our friends, the Sheriffs, host an annual family soccer game. This was our first year going and it was so fun. There were over 40 people there! Of course, I thought it was great because I just sat on the sidelines, chatted with friends, and cheered. Next year I might actually try playing...but maybe not.
When we got back from the soccer game, it was time to put the turkey in the oven and get ready for Thanksgiving! This year we hosted my parents, my brother, our friends Cori and Philip, their four kids and Cori's parents. It was quite the crew. This is the part where it would be nice to share some pictures of everyone, but I was way too busy to worry about that at the time. Bummer! It was such a fun group of people!
That night, Andy stayed home with the kids and played a role-playing game like Dungeons and Dragons. The kids love it!
Meanwhile, my parents, brother and I went to a brewery for my Uncle Michael's surprise 60th birthday party. We had so much fun hanging out with my mom's side of the family.
Saturday we spent the day getting ready for Christmas. This is literally the only picture we have of decorating the tree. One of the kids happened to pick up my phone and snap this picture. Reason #428 why I love having a small house: decorating for Christmas took less than two hours total!
One of the kids's most favorite Christmas traditions is when we all go to the mall and have the kids buy Christmas presents for each other and us. Then we end the evening with dinner at Red Robin. The kids love this tradition so much that when I told them we were going on Sunday, Hannah started crying because she was so happy! It was a perfect way to end our wonderful Thanksgiving break.
(Andy and I often take pictures of the kids with items they would like to keep track of gift ideas. Then we text it to each other so the other kids know what each kid would like.)










2 comments:
That is so nice that Ellie chose a gift for Aunt Christina!
Great pictures. I always forget about getting a group picture of every event. I had just talked to Dad about that because when you look back at pictures you can never tell all who is there! Is the Buskirk pic on the Evite site? Because last I looked I was the only one to post pictures of the event. That picture was taken by Becky right after we left. Such a good picture.
I stole that Buskirk picture from Facebook! I really like it!
Post a Comment