Friday was Google's annual summer party. This year it was the "Google County Fair." They literally put on a whole fair with rides, games and food.
It was Ellie's first time on a Ferris wheel, and she was a fan!

The older kids enjoyed the zipline.
Joey has done a zip line before, so he was a pro, but it was Hannah's first time.



Joey and Hannah also really loved this ride called Paratroopers.
Can you spot Joey and Hannah?

Hannah even convinced me to ride with her. It was SO fun, although it did make me feel a little queasy. Welcome to middle age!

Meanwhile, these kiddie rides were more Ellie's speed.
The pirate boat was a hit with everyone.

The kids and I made sure to get a few airbrush tattoos.
And the caricature line wasn't too long, so the kids sat down for a picture.
There was even a little pond where you could go on boat rides. The kids were really excited about the boat ride until it actually happened. Then they seemed underwhelmed. It made me laugh, probably because I wasn't the one that had to row the boat!
Ellie was excited to be reunited with her buddy, Aurora, from "Take Your Child to Work" Day.
There were only three carnival games there, but the kids must have played those games twenty times.
And they had the prizes to show for it!
I'm not going to lie, we were all a little excited about unlimited free fair food! There were hand dipped corn dogs, chili dog bar, corn on the cob bar, Monster Burger truck, funnel cake, kettle corn, cotton candy, ice cream and popsicles. It was fun being able to let the kids get whatever they wanted as often as they wanted.
Andy was probably most looking forward to this Burger Truck, and it did not disappoint.
Let me just say, between all the fair food and rides, it's a miracle no one got sick, but we all had a great time. On the way home, most of the family declared they liked this year's Google party even more than last year's which I didn't think was possible!



















6 comments:
I've been looking forward to this post- how fun! I think I would have avoided the rides and just enjoyed all the free food- amazing!
I probably shouldn't have read this post and the one about Nana Camp in the same night. I'm more than a little jealous right now.
Ha! Would it help if I next posted about all the cleaning I need to do?!?! ;-)
What a fun day! And the trip with your sister sounded amazing. So glad you updated! :p
Google Fair looked awesome!
Loved all the pics especially the first one of you and Ellie and the one of Hannah as a close up and Joey farther away on the one ride where it also looked like they were the only ones.
How fun for Ellie to run into Aurora...another Google daughter!
what a fun day!!
Post a Comment