Joey came home in September all excited about joining the school band. I had been wanting him to learn an instrument, so I immediately agreed. At the informational meeting the next night, the band director was talking about different ways of finding cheap instruments. He said the best way is to ask friends and family if anyone has an instrument they aren't using. He said, "You'll be surprised that some random relative has an old instrument just lying under their bed." I didn't think anyone in our family had a clarinet we could borrow, but I put it on Facebook to see if any local friends had one. Turns out my aunt had an old clarinet in her closet! It made me laugh that the band director called it almost perfectly!
This past week, Joey had his first band concert.
Getting warmed up.
His proud sisters!
Since Joey is in the beginning band, the parents were told his concert would "almost be music."
And that is what it was...a bunch of darling kids almost playing music. ;-) It will be fun to see how much progress they make by the next concert.
2 comments:
I think we need a video clip of the "almost music" !
AW Joey! I played the clarinet in 3rd grade, but never moved out of the "Almost Music Phase"
Post a Comment