There's Treasure Everywhere

Ellie's Play Date

2 comments
Last July I had "My Week with Ellie" when Joey and Hannah went to my parent's house for VBS and Camp Nana. Thankfully my mom was all about doing it again, so it's just Ellie and me this week.

Yesterday I thought it would be fun for Ellie to have her first play date. She loves our three year-old neighbor Cameron, so we went over first thing in the morning (while still in jammies as you can see) and invited her over. Honestly, I didn't know how it would go with two toddlers playing together, but they were great. They just went from one activity to another without much direction from me. It was really cute watching them interact and jointly decide what to do next.

 They started with play dough,

 and then they played with babies and the play kitchen for a while. Then Ellie asked me if they could go upstairs. I said, "Sure!" Then she looked at me with big eyes and said, "Hannah's room?" I said, "Sure!" She was SO excited and called for Cameron to follow her up.
They came down with these dresses that they wanted me to put on them.

 They really loved walking around in the shoes.

Snow White ="Fee White" in Ellie-speak.

 At some point Cameron found the puzzles under the couch, and they started working on those together.

 Then they wanted to color.

After coloring, I asked the girls if they wanted to paint with water. They both loved it.

The girls played nicely for about three hours with barely a conflict, which is ironic since afterwards our house looked like a war zone. But in a good way. :-)

2 comments:

Mom K. said...

How precious!
Is she enjoying the quiet week with Mommy all to herself?
I won't tell Hannah anything!

Two Guys and a Girl said...

You've been busy while I was gone! YAY for a quiet week with just 1 kid! How fabulous that your parents are willing to do that!