There's Treasure Everywhere

Back to Atlanta

2 comments
In April, Andy, the kids, and I all flew to Atlanta for my cousin's wedding (Part 1 and Part 2). This past weekend, I flew out alone to Atlanta for my other cousin's wedding. I've never been a big fan of flying, but it's amazing how now that I have kids, flying alone is such a vacation! It helped that I had a great book to read: Dad is Fat. I highly recommend it!

I arrived in Atlanta Friday evening and walked from the train station right to this restaurant (across the street from our hotel) to join this group for dinner:

Aunt Debbie, Rachel, Michael, Baby Ben, Me

Uncle Bill, Cousin Marin, Dad, Mom

The next day was Saturday, and the bride and groom (Katie and Daniel) organized a big kickball game with a bunch of family and friends. The groom's dad had these hats made for the game. The R is for their last name.

Saturday night was the rehearsal dinner and all of the 180 out-of-town guests were invited! It was like a full on reception with a cocktail hour and dinner. Then we were entertained by the grooms' brothers who emceed a pretty hilarious roast of Daniel. There were even musical numbers, and a lot of sweet speeches as well.



One of the highlights of the weekend was that my brother Benjamin's girlfriend Christina got to come. I've been lucky enough to spend time with her before, but it was my sister's first time meeting her.

Sibling picture at dinner!

Sunday was the wedding. It was beautiful!

Sibling picture at the wedding (in birth order).

The beautiful bride and her sweet dad.



The happy couple.

Then there was the reception. They had a live band, and it was so great. Even Baby Ben cut a rug.


Monday morning there was a farewell brunch for Katie and Daniel. Afterwards, a bunch of us that weren't flying back home until Monday evening had time to walk around the gorgeous Piedmont Park. My mom wanted to get a close look at the ducks!

And I found this awesome tree to climb!


I wanted another chance to snuggle with Ben so I carried him in the ergo for a little bit. It feels like a long time since I've had a baby that little strapped to me. He's such a sweetie.

As I kept saying all weekend, it was so fun bringing the whole family to Atlanta in April, and it was so fun going by myself this time. It was a nice mini-vacation, and Andy did an amazing job, as usual, holding down the fort at home.

2 comments:

Two Guys and a Girl said...

Looks like a wonderful trip!! I'm going to write down the book you read- I'm making a list for our January trip!

Megan said...

I really wrote that book recommendation for you, Sarah. I think you will love it! I was laughing out loud in the airport and on the plane. A little embarrassing, but totally worth it!