There's Treasure Everywhere

Mediterranean Cruise: Cinque Terre, Italy

4 comments
Our second stop on the cruise was the port city La Spezia, Italy.

Once we got off the ship we walked to a train station, and from there took the train to Cinque Terre.  

 
Cinque Terre is a rugged portion of coast on the Italian Riviera. "The Five Lands" is composed of five villages. We visited two of them: Monterosso al Mare and Vernazza.

 
Over the centuries, people have carefully built terraces on the rugged, steep landscape right up to the cliffs that overlook the sea.



Cinque Terre was another beautiful place to just walk around and enjoy the scenery and culture.



And of course, we had to stop for food and drinks. We got to have real Italian pizza!



This was the view from the place we ate at in Vernazza. Gorgeous.

I kept my Nook in my purse so that I could whip it out if I ever had a chance, like waiting for the train. I hadn't used my Nook before this trip, but that thing was awesome. In all I read about 3 1/2 books. That's my kind of vacation!

And then there's this. I love it.

4 comments:

Shaping My Heart said...

Wow, these pictures are great. What a beautiful place!

Two Guys and a Girl said...

I'm loving these. That last picture should be on the front of a book or something. I love it!

Anonymous said...

Megan,looking at those photos, I felt like I was there. LOL One common theme I've noticed in all the photos I've seen is that these places come out looking like postcards without even trying,that's how beautiful and photogenic they are--not mention the very attractive people used as models in them! Love papaj

The Buskirks said...

So glad you got to go there!!! One of my all time favorite places!!! Thanks for sharing!!