There's Treasure Everywhere

The Things They Say, Part 22

3 comments
Joey: When I listen to Christian music it helps me keep my eyes on God.

Trying to reassure Hannah before her first swimming lesson...
Me: Hannah, teachers at swimming lessons are really nice!
Joey: Yeah, and if they aren't, they burn them in fire.
Me: (Busting out laughing) No they don't!
Joey: Yes they do! You told me that.
Me: What?! When did I say that?
Joey: You said they get burned!
Me: Burned? Oh, you mean they get fired.
(I do now vaguely remember reassuring Joey about the same thing last year and him asking what happens if the teachers aren't nice)


Joey: Ahoshta [a villain in the book The Horse and His Boy] is a really bad guy. Hey! I bet he doesn't obey the speed limit!


Joey: I don't like that noise in the bathroom.
Me: Daddy drained the hot water heater so the pipes are just full of air and are making weird sounds. It will go away.
Joey: Daddy already told me that, but thank you for telling me again!


Hannah interrogating Joey about his swimming class...
Hannah: Is Jackson in your class?
Joey: Yes.
Hannah: So, is Jackson your friend?
Joey: Yes.
Hannah: And Joey, this is important, are you nice to him?

3 comments:

Stacie said...

Hahahaha. Love it. They get burned in fire! These posts brighten my day.

Mom K. said...

These are SO good! Do you make this stuff up??? Don't kids say the funniest & cutest things!

Anonymous said...

Oh.My.Word! They get burned with fire- LOL!! Thanks for the laughs this morning, Joey. :)
Tami