There's Treasure Everywhere

The Anti-Green Thumb

6 comments
We have a patch of empty soil in our backyard, and I thought I would try my hand at gardening. I had visions of having a cute, thriving, little vegetable garden. I started with something I thought would be pretty easy-carrots. I bought a packet and planted all the seeds as directed. The packet said to thin the carrot seedlings well to make sure the carrots have enough room and nutrients. Well, I think I was over zealous because after planting hundreds of seeds, I ended up with 4 wimpy carrots. It brings a whole new meaning to baby carrots.

6 comments:

Summer said...

I dare you to bring them to the farmer's market and put Joey at a little stand saying "carrots for sale"

Megan said...

That's really funny, but I have to ask, is that a double dog dare?

Kelly said...

i triple dog dare ya!

just kidding...i've been wanting to try a little garden myself, but i'm afraid of what i might find. can't be worse than your carrots, right? :)

Neil Cohn said...

Hey Megan... It was great seeing you last week and meeting your husband. Both the baby and the blog are adorable (unsurprising on both counts)! Hope to see you sooner than in 10 more years... :-)

Megan said...

Hey Neil!
Thanks for stopping by. Andy and I had a great time catching up with you!

Anonymous said...

Those are sad little carrots! You should stop by Schrute Farms. I'm sure Mos would give you some tips. Beets aren't that different than carrots, right?

---Stacie