The first two times I put him on the potty chair, he went right away. I thought, "Man, I am the best potty trainer in the whole world." Yeah..."pride goes before the fall"...blah, blah, blah, and we didn't have too much success after that. He doesn't have much control yet so we're taking it pretty slowly at this point. We talk about the potty chair and put him on it every once in a while. It's in our family room so sometimes he just goes over and sits on it. Right now that's enough to elicit cheers from his potty cheerleaders (that would be Andy and me).
Potty Training
Now that Joey is 18 months old, we decided we would try potty training. I had my parents dig out the old potty chair they used with my siblings and me. (You know you're frugal when you get a hand-me-down potty chair that's over 25 years old!) Then, starting last Monday, I let Joey run around the house half naked. Let's just say it's a good thing we have wood floors!
The first two times I put him on the potty chair, he went right away. I thought, "Man, I am the best potty trainer in the whole world." Yeah..."pride goes before the fall"...blah, blah, blah, and we didn't have too much success after that. He doesn't have much control yet so we're taking it pretty slowly at this point. We talk about the potty chair and put him on it every once in a while. It's in our family room so sometimes he just goes over and sits on it. Right now that's enough to elicit cheers from his potty cheerleaders (that would be Andy and me).

The first two times I put him on the potty chair, he went right away. I thought, "Man, I am the best potty trainer in the whole world." Yeah..."pride goes before the fall"...blah, blah, blah, and we didn't have too much success after that. He doesn't have much control yet so we're taking it pretty slowly at this point. We talk about the potty chair and put him on it every once in a while. It's in our family room so sometimes he just goes over and sits on it. Right now that's enough to elicit cheers from his potty cheerleaders (that would be Andy and me).
5 comments:
Speaking of hand-me-downs ...that sweatshirt he is wearing is 23 years old! It was given to Benjamin when he was born.
Mom
Mom...Hahaha...that is really funny. I didn't even think about how old that sweatshirt is!!!
i'm glad joey is modest enough to cover himself up in that picture!
maybe he needs to work towards the star "peeper" award!
And now your hard work has paid off!
---Stacie (three months later)
Post a Comment