There's Treasure Everywhere

Wedding in Phoenix/Sports Bonanza

1 comment

Last weekend, my brother Timmy, my parents, and I drove to Phoenix for my cousin Abby's wedding.





Almost 15 years ago Abby was the flower girl in our wedding. I teased her that I would be the unofficial flower girl at hers!


Our road trip was so fun! It's amazing how fast six hours go when you get to chat it up with fun people. And even with all of our talking, Timmy still got in a couple of naps!



We knew my aunt, uncle and cousins would be on the same road trip from San Diego to Phoenix and we joked about running into them at a gas station. About an hour outside of Phoenix, we were stopped at a stop light and realized that they were in the car directly in front of us. Crazy timing! We honked and waved like crazy people, and they finally saw us!


The rehearsal dinner was in a private room at a Tommy Bahama restaurant. It was a beautiful setting, and the food was delicious!


Timmy with our cousins Kelsey and Derek and Aunt Sarah.



The wedding was actually about an hour south of Phoenix at the Windmill Winery in Florence, AZ.


The setting was absolutely gorgeous!


My cousins Carlin, Brynn and Channing with my Aunt Elise: Abby's half-siblings and step-mom.


The beautiful bride! 



The reception was in the "Lakehouse." Again, so, so beautiful!


Timmy was pumped when he found out that the Lakehouse had free WiFi because UCLA was playing a big basketball game against UofA during the wedding, and he got to watch the last part of it.



The new Mr. and Mrs. Simms!


The DJ at the wedding was a lot of fun, and he had one person from each table go up and play a game to see which order the tables got to go through the buffet line. For some reason I ran up to volunteer (I'm not sure what I was thinking!) Thankfully I did better than I thought I would at "Name That Theme Song," and my table got to go third! The wedding was wonderful with a lot of fun dancing. The next day we got up, had breakfast and then hit the road back home.


While I was living it up in Phoenix, Andy was home with the kids with an INSANE sports schedule Friday night and all-day Saturday. His mom was out of town for the weekend as well, so Andy and his dad had to juggle all of the activities. It was the weekend where the kids had their last basketball games and their first softball/baseball games WITH three picture days thrown in just for fun. Oh, and Andy coaches two teams and assistant coaches two teams! Andy and I worked on a color-coded spreadsheet to show who was supposed to be where and with what stuff. Turns out Ellie's pictures ended up being at 7:00 am, so their day started even earlier than we anticipated. 


This was the car packed and ready for Saturday. Andy and his dad handled it like pros and (almost) pulled it all off perfectly. When I got home Sunday afternoon, we all just wanted to relax and rest from our big weekend so we had an early movie night (Pete's Dragon-not great) then went straight to bed! 

1 comments:

Sarah said...

oh man that spread sheet is intense and cracks me up!