There's Treasure Everywhere

Bruinwoods

Leave a Comment
During the summers my youngest brother Timmy works up at Lake Arrowhead at a camp for UCLA alumni and their families. Before the first week of real camp starts, they have a "Parent/Family Night" where family of the staff can come up for free and enjoy one night at camp. My parents and other brother, Benjamin, went up last year, and we went up with my parents this year. It was fun getting to see where my brother spends his summers. He absolutely loves it up there and I can see why. It's beautiful and the staff are all a lot of fun.

Unfortunately, as soon as we got up to Lake Arrowhead, Andy, Ellie and I went to find a doctor because I had an infection in my finger that was getting worse and worse. Thankfully, the older two kids were able to stay with my parents and go swimming and on a boat ride. At the time, Hannah was not very happy that she got a little wet on the boat ride, but now if you ask her, she loved it!

Andy, Ellie and I got back to camp just in time for the free happy hour and dinner. After dinner, we put the kids to bed in our cute little condolet. Andy stayed with the kids while my parents and I got to enjoy the three shows that the staff put on for the campers. Of course, they normally don't do all three shows in the same night, but it was basically their final dress rehearsal to get ready for their first week of campers.

The next morning we had breakfast, and then we spent a little time exploring the camp. They have an adventure course, softball fields, this amazing hammock area (I would have paid big money to be able to stay there for a few hours with a good book), and a fun tree house that the kids played in. Here's Joey on the second level of the tree house looking down.

It was a short trip, but I'm so glad we were able to go!


0 comments: