There's Treasure Everywhere

Krause Christmas 2021, Part 3

Leave a Comment

 

Sunday morning we all went to our church at Harvest.


Hannah and I happened to be on nursery duty that morning, so we got these little cutie pies. 


Ben and Lauren came back to our house for lunch. Lauren said, "Uncle Andy is the tickliest dad I know!"


More Pokemon time.


After lunch we headed back to my parents' house. My uncle, aunt and cousin all came over for dinner. I thought this conversation with four engineers and one lawyer moderating was pretty funny.


I loved seeing all of the cousin love! These two were attacking Hannah with kisses.


We still did some Christmas singalongs even if they weren't quite as good without Benjamin and Christina on piano. But how could we avoid doing the crowd favorite "Twelve Days of Christmas" with Andy's exuberant "Five golden rings!"


Usually just Ben and Lauren spend the night at our house, but this time we offered to have Luke and Nathan as well. We could never convince Luke, but Nathan was totally on board. He made a beeline to our play kitchen his first morning here.


There was lots of arts and craft time.


More Huckleberry. This time all of the Gallos were there.


Luke enjoyed watching Hannah bake cookies.


I don't know what was happening here, but there was a lot of sweet boy time, 


especially with this love bug.


I always love getting to hang out and chat with Rachel and Michael.


Lauren had fun sneaking up on us and "surprising" us from under the table.


"Loopin' Chewy" is an old game that Joey got from a birthday party years ago. Apparently it's one of the Gallo kids' favorite games, and they always look forward to playing it at our house.


After all of my Christmas wrapping, I had two empty wrapping paper tubes so I saved them for these two.


One morning I quickly cleaned out my garage freezer and scooped out a bunch of the accumulated ice. I put it all in a bucket and showed the kids the "snow." They had a lot of fun playing with it, and Luke even ate some, which was pretty gross.


More arts and crafts. Even Luke and Nathan really got into it.


We played Mafia a bunch over Christmas. My dad wanted to practice being the narrator because he was going to be narrating for a group of friends at their upcoming New Years Eve party. At some point, we played so many rounds of Mafia that Ellie and Ben even took turns narrating. They both did such a great job! 


Michael made a great meme out of the original picture.


Abigail and Zachary hung out with us for a few days over break while their mom was recovering from her chemo infusion. 


The Meister kids fit right in!

0 comments: