There's Treasure Everywhere

Joey and Hannah

1 comment
 Joey has had such a great year in 2nd grade. He was a little bummed at the beginning of the year because all of his friends were placed in other classes, but his teacher has more than made up for it. Mrs. Watters has been wonderful and has been the perfect teacher for him. She's challenged and encouraged him so much!

Mrs. Watters and I were emailing back and forth about something when she wrote:
 I also wanted to add that Joey did a wonderful job sharing about his visit to his dad's work. It was SO interesting and I have never seen the kids so riveted. Joey seemed to learn a lot from his visit! I'm sorry to only have 6 weeks left with him in my class! I will miss him! He is beyond ready for third grade, though. He has a young heart, a happy, silly sense of humor, is interested in everything, and is in no rush to grow up. I hope my little boys are the same when they are his age. You are very blessed! :)
 Goodness gracious! It made me teary when I read that.

Then, the other day, a neighbor whose son is in Joey's class posted this on my Facebook wall:
 I volunteered in the classroom today and I just wanted to let you know how awesome Joey is! He is such a confident yet incredibly sweet and caring person. I love him and am so happy his presence is an influence on mine.
Meanwhile, Hannah's teacher (who has been teaching for 18 years) sent me this email:
Can I tell you the truth...I am going to have Hannah withdrawals next year. I know I tell you this all the time, but Hannah truly is the most amazing student I have ever taught. She is so excited to learn and so joyful about everything. She truly brightens my day. I love that she is positive and happy about all things school. I am going to miss her more than you know. 
There are certainly times when I want to throw my kids out the window, so it was a nice reminder about what great kids they really are!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

So, so glad that you have these wonderful things written for posterity!
You are blessed with wonderful children like I was!