The other day Joey and I were driving around town. Well, I was doing the driving, and Joey was providing the commentary. A stop light turned yellow right before we were going to go through an intersection, and I had to brake kind of abruptly. All of a sudden, from the back seat, I heard, "Whoaaaa!" Once the light turned green I accelerated quickly so I could change lanes because I needed to turn right at the next street. Again I heard a dramatic, "Whoaaaa!" I feel like 17 months is a little young to be a backseat driver.
Backseat Driver
The other day Joey and I were driving around town. Well, I was doing the driving, and Joey was providing the commentary. A stop light turned yellow right before we were going to go through an intersection, and I had to brake kind of abruptly. All of a sudden, from the back seat, I heard, "Whoaaaa!" Once the light turned green I accelerated quickly so I could change lanes because I needed to turn right at the next street. Again I heard a dramatic, "Whoaaaa!" I feel like 17 months is a little young to be a backseat driver.
2 comments:
They start young, don't they?
B#5 likes to urge me to get a move on with the "Go, go, Moma. Go!" whenever we are stopped... in the driveway, at a stop sign, at a red light.
Megan, that's a great story! It reminds me of something that happened when I was a kid. My brothers had this habit of watching the stoplights and saying "Red!" or "Green!" when they changed. One day, all five of us kids were in the car with my mom while she was stopped at a stoplight, and for the first time ever, it occurred to Aaron to say "Green!" when the light was, in fact, still red. My mom had gotten so used to the boys accurately relaying the light color that she actually started to accelerate and very narrowly missed rear ending the people in front of us!
I love that Joey says "Whoa!" That's so cute.
Post a Comment