There's Treasure Everywhere

Birthday at Disneyland!

2 comments
Yesterday Andy turned the big 3-0 and we went to Disneyland to celebrate! In 2009, you get in free on your birthday, so we only had to pay for my ticket. We had such a fun day! The only downside was that it was blazing hot.

We mostly stayed in Fantasyland and Joey's favorite rides were the teacups, the carousel, and Dumbo.

He also LOVED riding the cars in Autopia.

I was worried about how Hannah would do because she can be a little high maintenance, but she was great. Praise the Lord for the Bjorn! Although it kind of looks like we just brought her hat, she is alive, well, and sleeping in that picture. She stayed like that for about four hours!

We tried to prepare Joey for the characters that walk around Disneyland because we knew they might make him a little nervous. Sure enough, he wanted to keep his distance from the first few we saw...Goofy, Mickey, and Pluto. Then we saw Winnie the Pooh and Tigger. He immediately said he wanted to give them a high five so we stood in line to meet them. He was so excited and not at all scared!

My favorite part of the day came at the very end, but that will be a whole other post...

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I have been anticipating turning 30 for more than a few years. I was told that 30's are SO MUCH better than 20's and I am hanging on to that! Happy birthday!

Stacie said...

Happy Birthday Andy! What a fun day. I'm going to Disneyland on my 30th too. I'll be in mourning, dressed in black.